Diploma in the Medical Laboratory Technology is a two-year curriculum that can be undertaken after completing 10+2 with a minimum of 50% overall. This course will provide you with a better understanding of medical laboratories and how to operate as a lab technician or Technician. There were 337,800 DMLT work posts available in 2019, with an expected rise of 7% by 2029, implying roughly 25000 new job opportunities.
Some colleges, however, offer the subject after passing the higher secondary exams. The merit list of the qualifying tests determines admission to the program. Some colleges provide distant learning in DMLT courses Admission 2021. Microbiology, Clinical Chemistry, Clinical Biochemistry, Radiology, Genetics, and other specialties are available to course participants. The average annual income for DMLT qualified people ranges from INR 2,00,000 to 5,00,000, based on the job description and level of expertise.
• The Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology (DMLT) is a paramedical science that deals with diagnosing and treating various diseases.
• It’s studying human fluids such as pericardial fluid, peritoneal fluid, pericardial fluid, urine, blood samples, and other samples.
• The course is an introductory curriculum that teaches students how to check, test and detect various diseases.
• Students are disclosed to in-depth understanding of Biochemistry, Pathology, Blood Bank, and Microbiology during this two-year program.
• In addition, learners are taught how to operate laboratory equipment and technology.
• Students can practice using CT scanners, X-ray machines, MRI machines, and other medical equipment.
• You will perform all types of testing required to detect an illness after completing the course. The program is primarily intended to fill the void left by laboratory personnel.
What is the purpose of DMLT?
• Medical Laboratory Technology (MLT) is a branch of medicine that assists in diagnosing and treating diseases.
• Medical Laboratory Technologists/Technicians play a crucial part in the healthcare system, even though they operate behind the scenes.
• Would you want to work in the field of paramedical science as a career? If so, this course is one of the most excellent options available to you.
• It is one of the fastest-growing areas in the healthcare field worldwide, and students who choose this path can discover a variety of career profiles that match their skills.
• The healthcare system has evolved in response to the emergence of new ailments, and choosing this course will provide numerous prospects in medical science.
Eligibility for the DMLT
Many Indian schools often demand candidates to meet the following qualifying criteria to be considered for DMLT:
• Aspirants must have received a minimum of 45 percent – 50 percent in aggregate in 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/ Biology as required courses.
• Some institutes also accept candidates who have completed the 10th (SSC) and have a 50 percent aggregate.
• In India, there is no upper age limit for DMLT admissions.
• Candidates awaiting the Higher Secondary Exam results, popularly known as the HSC, are eligible to register for the DMLT program.
Some of the fundamental abilities needed to be a good technologist or Technician.
1. Analytical reasoning
2. The ability to comprehend technical/scientific facts with patience
3. Computer fundamentals
4. The ability to research
5. Ability to complete tasks quickly, efficiently, and accurately
6. Self-discipline and focus